... so how does it work?
BEAR has 3 levels of achievement gradually taking you on a journey towards higher standards of sustainability, whilst providing valuable resources to support you when completing your assessment.
BEAR’s question bank assesses against standards based on core areas of sustainability. Question scores are weighted and aggregated through BEAR’s algorithm.
Welcome to BEAR 1.0!
We’re excited to grow and develop BEAR through listening to your feedback.
In creating BEAR, the expert team at ValueMetrix has carried out extensive research and analysis on international frameworks, principles and obligations that aim to progress sustainability. These include:
- UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Paris Agreement
- UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- UN Global Compact
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
And from leading standard bearers and business tools including:
- B Corporation
- International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO)14001
- Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) Impact Reporting and Investment Standards (IRIS+)
- and others…
BEAR translates this research and analysis into practical business objectives through the assessment questions, saving you time in achieving higher standards of sustainability.
How Is BEAR Structured?
The BEAR Standards
BEAR defines 5 areas of assessment for sustainability.
The BEAR standards sit under these areas.